Saturday 24 August 2013

Too close for comfort: Celebs on Media's invasion

Two top actresses with two drastically different opinions about dealing with the media. While Katrina Kaif recently wrote an open letter to the media, chiding them about using her pictures while she was on a holiday, Deepika Padukone says, `If I am a public figure and if someone has captured me, I feel I should be more careful.
While certain celebrities argue that over the time, their state of 'private being' is constantly being invaded by the media, others feel that given their glamorous status, they can hardly shy away from the glare of the arclights or the camera bulbs. Being under the constant gaze of the public eye is after all a small price to pay for the glitz and glamour that stardom brings.
Shah Rukh Khan
I chose this life and when I stand on top of my building and wave, there are many happy faces, which in turn makes me very happy. I want this life and I know I am a public figure. So with good things, there are some others that used to disturb me.

People also wanted to peek inside my house but I would protect my children, my family and my friends as ferociously as I can. But I have accepted all these and on 99.9 per cent occasions, only good things will happen and I don't want to get disturbed by the remaining 0.1 per cent.
Tusshar Kapoor
It is now a part and parcel of the media boom that Hollywood saw many years ago. Now since our film industry is growing and becoming bigger, it had to happen. I think that as an actor, one has to learn to adapt and become more cautious.
Raima Sen
I think all celebrities want their private lives to be kept under wraps. Like for example if I go to a night club with someone, I cannot expect the media not cover it simply because it is a public place. Sometimes public shoot pictures and upload them and it is not always the media we can pin the blame on.
Richa Chaddha
The society is moving towards the tabloid culture of the US. Social networking and microblogging sites have made stars very accessible. And the Internet has given relevance to gossip as news. It's inevitable. I would say let people do their job. Live and let live. Actors are in the public domain but they are not public property.
Katrina Kaif
I agree the media has the freedom but my point is that there is a difference between roaming in public and being on a holiday in the middle of nowhere. You shouldn't have to be looking over your shoulder. It is just a request for people not to use the picture. Those who feel it is okay to use them, will do so. But at least I know I have done my bit to ask.
Manoj Bajpayee
Media folk will behave the way you want them to. Once you let them peep into your personal life, they will always come in even when you don't want them to. I lead a very boring family life. I go to my shoots, finish them, get my cheque and come home. But I have maintained that I will keep my personal life personal and the media understands that.
Imran Khan
The paparazzi culture is starting to sneak in here and I've always found it strange. I personally have never had anything to hide so I'm perfectly fine with it. But it is not fair to take away someone's personal choice. You should allow a person to follow what they feel is correct. In my case, I was dating Avantika long before I joined the industry. So, there was never a question of who I was seeing. I even announced that I was getting married. I was never uncomfortable talking about. But it is not fair to assume that it is that easy for everyone.
Neetu Chandra
Media has become like a family member who wants to know every possible thing happening in your personal life. They scare me sometimes because the freedom of revelling in love and family is suffocated by them.
Jacqueline Fernandez
I find it unfair taking pleasure and advantage of a person in a vulnerable position. Celebrities are humans too. Why target them for no reason?

Unknown

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

'Bold' Poonam Pandey wants to go beyond boldness (1) 'Ghanchakkar' gets U/A certificate (1) 'Grand Masti has made Manjari very shameless' (1) 'Sunny Leone has helped me in getting in shape' (1) A Twist in the Tale: Jiah Khan's possible suicide note found (1) Aamir (1) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has dinner on board a train (1) Amisha Patel Ki Dhukh-Bari Yaadein: Slams Subhash Ghai for her ills (1) Anushka? (1) Big B's keeping doctors busy (1) Censored: Song mentioning Katrina (1) Did Farhan hijack a film's show for Bhaag Milkha Bhaag promo? (1) Dolly eagerly waiting for Salman's dual avatar in 'Bigg Boss' (1) Facebook junkies get ready! Ash is coming (1) Glad to have had very understanding parents: Deepika (1) Hotties who hate pesky journos in real but love them in reel (1) Huma's claim: I am Naseeruddin Shah's biggest fan (1) I had no tiff with Rohit Shetty due to SRK: Ajay Devgn (1) In Delhi Akshay Kumar is the real 'Boss' (1) It's Official: 'Chennai Express' crosses Rs. 200 cores mark (1) Jiah Khan suicide case: Aditya Pancholi's son to be probed (1) Jiah Khan suicide: Did Sooraj drive Jiah to suicide? (1) John's upcoming production has a quirky title - Banana (1) Kareena in trouble (1) Kiran go school hunting (1) Let's Talk About Hot! (1) Madhuri Dixit set to make IIFA debut (1) Maryam Zakaria and Scarlet Wilson to do a item song (1) Newsbreak: Sooraj promised to marry Jiah (1) Ouch! Any vanity issues (1) PC vs PC: Is it a Chopra weekend or Chopra Clash (1) People see Deols as boisterous (1) Postmortem report says actress Jiah Khan died of hanging (1) Puja Gupta feels 'Shortcut Romeo' is her debut film (1) Richa Chadda takes a dig at Bollywood's beauty-queens-turned-actresses (1) SRK is India's most popular father (1) Sallu listening? SRK and Arbaaz seen partying together! (1) Salman Khan won't kiss Jacqueline Fernandez! (1) Shocking Revelation: Aborted baby (1) Shocking Revelations: Why Jiah committed suicide (1) Smitten local ladies treat 'Bullet Raja' Saif with biryani (1) The Good Sister: Katrina Kaif takes on the responsibility of her family (1) Viacom18 to co-produce PC's Mary Kom biopic and Akki's 'Gabbar' (1) Was it Kareena who chose Esha Gupta to play Saif's girl (1) What's making Kat Anxious? (1) What? Katrina-Ranbir drive auto rickshaws at late night! (1) When big brands sued Big Bollywood films (1) Who is pressurizing Jiah's mother to drop charges against Sooraj? (1) Whoa! Salman-Katrina together again (1) Why Huma Qureshi likes to have a fuller body and not a size zero (1) but I'm different: Abhay Deol (1) says Jiah's letter (1) shock everyone (1)
Support Us
Flag Counter

 

Copyright @ 2013 Celebrity Gossip.